Our core positions
For the coming year, these are the main topics we want to address in the different councils:
- Focus on interdisciplinary and flexible education. Physical lectures where possible, but tailor-made for online attendance. We are committed to open science and want financial help for people who can afford (digital) study materials.
- We remain committed to an accessible and inclusive campus, with all-gender toilets and silence rooms. We make an extra effort for first-generation students and students from non-western migration backgrounds.
- Internationalisation also remains important to us, which is why VUUR wants more language courses to break down the language barrier and make education accessible to all.
- Student wellbeing through physical activity, breaking the drug taboo and peer support groups. Social safety remains a focus for the university.
- A more sustainable university through a circular economy and more renewable energy use, also more focus on sustainability in education.
- VUUR wants sustainable wellbeing for students: long-term and more intensive guidance.
- We advocates for the visibility of the humanities, and all the career-oriented opportunities that come with it.
- VUUR makes a case for diversity and inclusion, with a focus on anonymous assessment, first generation students and gender neutrality.
- We pleads for sustainable awareness among students, for instance in the form of eco-information for study associations.
- A Humanities campus in the city centre, to counteract faculty fragmentation and increase the visibility of study possibilities.
- VUUR focusses on increasing the visibility of the representative body, in the form of increased transparency of the representative bodies and their work and faculty stimulation of this.
Pepijn van Manen
- Improving student wellbeing.
- Increasing the inclusiveness and accessibility of the faculty.
- Improving cooperation between study associations and the faculty.
- Offering the possibility of flex studying.
- Providing students with more space to study and develop.
- Making the faculty more sustainable.
Social and Behavioural sciences
- Amend cum laude regulation and enforce compliance period for lecturers.
- Record physical lectures.
- Clarify take-home examinations.
- Make resit policy more flexible.
- Promote sustainability, internationalisation & diversity and improve where necessary! verbeteren waar nodig!