Vacancy member Faculty Council Humanities
Do you want to represent the interests of all students at the Faculty of Humanities to the Faculty Board? Do you have a passion for education, student well-being, sustainability or another important faculty issue? Then apply for the faculty council faction of Lijst VUUR! Note: apply no later than March 12, 2023, 23:59!
What is VUUR?
VUUR (Association of Utrecht University Councils) has been active at all levels of student participation for more than 15 years. VUUR members are active all throughout our university. Important documents, such as the faculty budget, the OERs and the faculty strategic plan , are submitted to the Faculty Council (FC for short) for approval. In this way, you as an student representative can supervise the policy of the faculty board and make improvements wherever possible. There is also room for your own initiatives that are submitted to the faculty board.
Who are we looking for?
On our list for the 2023 election, we would like to see students who are passionate about our faculty and all the students who study here. Of course, we also like to see students who want to be involved in our faculty and its organization. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities: (pre, absolutely no requirement)
- Critical thinking skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Team player;
- A passion to advocate for students at UU;
- Organisational skills;
- Previous experience with student participation/board year;
- A receptive understanding of Dutch.
What are you going to do?
As a university council member for VUUR, your activities include:
- Analysing documents and in the process formulating questions and policy recommendations; Analysing documents and formulating policy advice;
- Proposing own initiatives and defending them;
- Maintaining strategic contacts, for example with directors and fellow councillors.
- Meeting within the Faculty Council on various topics;
- Maintaining contacts with many interested stakeholders and supporters (fellow students and VUUR);
- Participating in Faculty Council and VUUR activities and trainings.
- The time investment is 0.1-0.2 FTE (4 hours per week for a regular council member, 8 hours per week for board members of the student delegation);
- The formal start date is September 1, 2023;
- Compensation for council work is approximately €1100.00 (€2200.00 for student council member) per year;
- The compensation does not include a budget for education and training;
- Presence during the campaign period and the elections (May 8-10) is mandatory;
- Attendance during the campaign period and elections (May 8-10) is mandatory.
What do we offer?
We will do everything we can to optimally prepare the selected candidates for the elections and the following council year. Furthermore, we and the Faculty Council offer trainings and workshops, as well as socializing! In addition, as a member of VUUR you will get to know many involved people from all kinds of academic backgrounds in a short period of time. This offers excellent opportunities to stimulate your development and expand your own network.
How can I apply?
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and have you become enthusiastic about council work? Then respond now! You can apply until March 12 at the latest by sending an email to the current president of the student delegation of the Faculty council firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention in the mail that you are applying for council member at VUUR. Attach to the mail your CV and a motivation letter (max.1 A4). In your motivation letter, include at least one point that you would like to advocate for in the Faculty Council.
The interviews will take place the week after the deadline.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please feel free to contact us! You can reach us at email@example.com. Also check out the Faculty Council website and Instagram for more information and news!