Vacancy member Faculty Council Humanities
For our fraction in the Faculty Council Humanities we are looking for students who would like to represent the interests of all students at the Faculty of Humanities in the development of the policy of the Faculty Board. Please note: apply March 31 2022, 23:59 at the latest!
What is VUUR?
The name VUUR is a dutch abbreviation for United Councils of Utrecht University. We are a student participation party that is active throughout the university. With council members in various faculties, we are an important player in determining the course of the university. Important documents, such as the faculty budget, the faculty strategic plan and rules regarding examining, are submitted to the faculty council (FR) for approval. In this way, as a co-decision maker, you can supervise the management and policy of the faculty and make improvements where possible. There is also room to submit your own initiatives to the Faculty Board.
Who are we looking for?
We would like to see students with strong content on our list for the 2022 elections. Naturally we would like to see students who (want to) be involved in the organization of the Faculty of Humanities. In addition, the ideal candidate has the following qualities: (pre, no requirement)
- Critical thinking skills;
- Result-oriented and realistic;
- Good communication skills;
- Assertive and proactive;
- Collaborate in a team;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Any previous experience with student participation / management.
What are you going to do?
As a councilor for VUUR your activities include:
- Analyzing documents and formulating policy advice;
- keeping good order within the faculty as a whole;
- To get into policy documents on specific themes;
- Maintaining contacts with many interested discussion partners and the supporters (fellow students and VUUR);
- Presenting your own initiatives or points of view and defending them;
- Participate in the activities and training of VUUR.
- The time investment is 0,1-0,2 FTE (4 hours per week for normal council members, 8 hours a week for student section board members);
- The formal start date is September 1, 2022;
- The fee for council work is approximately €1100,00 (€2200,00 for student section board members) per year;
- A budget for education and training for the council;
- Presence during the elections (May 16-18) is mandatory, participation in the pre-election campaign is appreciated;
- The training period of a few days takes place at the end of August.
What do we offer?
We will do everything we can to optimally prepare the selected candidates for the elections and the following council year. Training and workshops, but also fun and balance! As a member of VUUR you also get to know many involved people from all kinds of disciplines in a short period of time. This offers excellent opportunities to stimulate your development and expand your own network.
How can I apply?
Do you recognize yourself in the profile above and have you become enthusiastic about the work? Respond quickly! You can apply up to and including 31 March 23.59 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application FR 21-22 Lijst VUUR”. Include your CV and motivation letter of max. 1 page with the email. We will contact you to get acquainted.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact us! You can reach us via email@example.com. Then we will answer your question as soon as possible! Also check the Instagram page of the faculty council for more information and news.
Information evenings will be held on 3 and 16 March, where you can ask all questions in an accessible way and get more information about the activities of the Faculty Council. You can register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.